Silkscreen or component identification are terms used for the text layers of a PCB.
We refer to them as the Legend layers.
These are printed on top of the Soldermask and available in various colours which must be defined by our customer in the order details and supplied in the PCB data.
Line art and text may be printed onto the outer surfaces of a PCB usually by Liquid Photo Image able ink but we use digital printing solutions instead.
In some cases direct screen printing of the image is still used.
- Legend must be readable and legible.
- No more than 25 micron overlap on HMT-pads.
- No overlap on SMT-pads
- Line width : min 0,10 mm (4mil).
- Broken against soldermask.
- PCB-borders are deleted in the legend
See our PCB Design Guidelines – Legend Print page.